Readers' Reviews

PATRIOT SECRETS has been out for over a week. Although I expect to start receiving reviews shortly, I haven't gotten any professional reviews back yet. Reviews take time and I was only able to send out my book two weeks before its release. So I have to wait. I found professional reviews can be frustrating when your book is only out as a ebook at the moment. Some places refuse to review ebooks or charge you to do so. Ah the bias at some places!

Does it mean that my book can't be as good as a book in print? Really? That in the scheme of life the larger publishers would never pass on a good book? Well, that may be the case. I tend to doubt it, but the larger publishers didn't pass on my book because they never saw my book. I take that back two did. Both were interested. One I went back and forth for over a month until they decided it needed more revisions. The other publishers never looked at it because I don't have an agent. I don't have an agent because I haven't sold to the larger publishers. A little circle of irony. In truth, Patriot Secrets did need revising. When I came to Marci (publisher at Wild Child/Freya's Bower) she said the same thing. Talk about frustrating- I had already revised it numerous times. But what Marci saw was a simple fix which made the book flow better.

I am proud of Patriot Secrets. It is the book I've always wanted to write. Now, I wait for reviews except...I already have a couple of reader's reviews. They are on Amazon Kindle.

'I was surprised, really happily surprised as I read it. I couldn't put it down. The book was exciting, filled with twist and turns. The author seemed to know her history extremely well. I was able to connect to the characters...' Ruby W.

'I found this book to be very entertaining. It is suspenseful and the characters are likable. I did find it surprising because I wasn't expecting it from an author I've never heard of. It is why I wrote this review. I have never taken the time before, but I would recommend it'...Charlie G.

And it got a 5 rating at All Romance Books. I'm excited because someone enjoys my book! Writing in itself can be frustrating. When you pour your heart and soul into a book, it is nice to get positive feedback. I don't expect everyone to think my book shakes the ground, but it is nice to know that someone appreciates the effort.

In my fantasy world, readers fall in love with my book and make it a best seller. In reality, I know I have to get my book out there for readers to read. It's a formidable job. Advertising takes money. I have an uphill battle to climb. I want to shout just read it! Don't look at it as only an ebook! Pick it up start to read it. It's my job as a writer to keep your attention once you open the book. I ask only to open the book...the rest is mine to own.

Comments

Popular Posts