Touching Tributes

For the last couple of days, I’ve been reading one sad story after another. I posted on Facebook about the husband who made a loving tribute to his wife who died on 9/11 on Flight 93. He set up a foundation to help the local hospital with birthing rooms. His wife had been expecting their first child. Touching. He along with his sisters-in-law finished a book I her memory, “You Can Do It!”


‘You Can Do It! is the vision of Lauren Catuzzi Grandcolas, a heroine of United Flight 93 and a woman who was an inspiration to all who knew her. Lauren's dream was to create the ultimate self-empowering resource, a book to help women of all ages realize their dreams.

Then the Indiana State Fair incident. I can only imagine. I can’t even begin to talk about it. I can only say that my heart goes out to each and everyone touched by the tragedy.
So when I read the story of the Cleveland Indians chipping in so a fellow teammate could be there for the birth of his preemie son, I had to mention it. I know that ballplayers make more money than most of us could envision. Still the gesture spoke volumes. In the day and age where athletes can seem self-centered and selfish, this was a moving tribute to the camaraderie of teammates I have to mention it. I’m a Red Sox fan. Make no doubt about it, but I’ll be honest with you, I miss the days when we were underdogs. There is a certain way a team plays when they are on a mission. So hats off to the Cleveland Indians.
Not that this has a thing to do with touching tributes. Just another one of my doggie stories. I was writing away working on our progressive story for the Roses of Prose blog. Got up to get a diet coke and almost stepped on a dead bird! The dogs were outside, but they can easily open up the back door. Colbie brought me up a treat. I did realize they had come back in. Both of them had lain down beside my chair. Should have known something was up. Colibe is never that still. Suppose I should pay a little more attention to what's going on around me when I'm writing!

Don't forget today I'm blogging over at the Roses of Prose.

Comments

Popular Posts