I Love Charleston!


I love Charleston! What a wonderful time we had visiting the lovely city. My husband and I took my youngest for a small tour of colleges along the coast last week. One was the College of Charleston which had to be the most beautiful campus I have ever been on. Yet, I admit I might be a tad bias because I have wanted to visit Charleston for so long.

I've heard people talk about Charleston. I have read about it. I have researched the history. And it did not fail to still impress me. When I first began research for Patriot Secrets, I began getting a glimpse of some of the history of Charleston starting with the fact that originally Charleston was called Charles Town. It wasn't until after the Revolutionary War when it was renamed. Up until that point when I thought about Charleston, I thought about antebellum times and the Civil War. Once I started researching the history, I couldn't stop. Charleston, South Carolina, has to be one of the most interesting places in the United States. What a riveting history! Explosive...intriguing...fascinating!

I walked all around Charleston. One of the tours I was suppose to go on got canceled. So instead I walked the streets alone. I loved it! I knew a lot of the history so the whole of the walk enthralled me. The churches, the shops, the waterfront, the Battery, the homes...need I go on. Moreover it was just how I pictured it in my mind from all my readings. The homes along the Battery are simply gorgeous! The people themselves couldn't have been nicer. Don't get me wrong. I realize no city is perfect, but my husband and I fell in love with Charleston. It was hot. One day I believe it hit a 100. For us up in New England that's hot.

Such a pleasant trip! When I got home, I heard from Whiskey Creek about my release date for The Sun Will Rise, Part I!      JANUARY, 2012 
Excited to become a part of Whiskey Creek Press. I've heard so many good things about them. I am going to revise on thing with The Sun Will Rise. It's title. The story is set in Charleston during the Revolutionary War as well as the sequel. After visiting, I have to change the title to include a connection to Charleston. I just have to decide what first.
                                                                         
I have had the best time with my trailer. I'll confess I've watched it a few times. I can't help it. Wish I thought of some contest to connect Patriot Secrets to the 4th. Wouldn't it have been a good idea to have released it around the 4th of July? So many things learned, but I have say I have been pleased lately with the feedback on Patriot Secrets, extremely so.

I have included some of my pictures of Charleston. If you haven't gone and have the opportunity to do so, go! From the ghost tours (you have to go), to the plantations, to the food..I know you'll love it like I did! 





 

Comments

Popular Posts