Another Week Gone...

       What a week! Last Sunday I took my husband's aunt out to breakfast. I do it every other Sunday after work, but it was Mother's Day and I especially wanted to take her since she's been like a substitute mother at times. When I first moved up here to Boston, I lived with Dolly before I married hubby. She opened her house for me. She's a sweetie and I will never forget her kindness to me. She's even my oldest's godmother. Well, on Monday she had a stroke. Thankfully, she's on the mend. She's in rehab now and it could have been a lot worse. It just goes to show how quickly things can change. One minute everythings great the next...
       Then on Wednesday my middle daughter had knee surgery. Everything went ok in surgery. Then she had trouble with the pain medicine. We were in recovery for the whole afternoon. I believe the worse feeling in the world is when your child is in pain and there's nothing you can do. I hate that helpless feeling. After a couple of tough days, she seems to be on the mend. I have a fear though. She had to have a motion machine for her knee. It's fine because insurance pays for it except my doggies... I have this fear that they will get hold of it and I'll be out $1500 on a motion machine. Keep your fingers crossed for me on that one.
       Last but not least, my youngest had her junior prom. Oh...I have this belief that prom is spelled wrong. It should be prom$. But everything went off ok. She looked beautiful. Pictures were taken. At her school they hold it at the gym but they have a procession into the gym where the whole of the town comes to watch. And it didn't rain!
      I almost forgot to mention that my mother loves her kindle!!!! I'm so happy. Thank goodness my neice was there when it came. I was trying to talk her through turning it on and was having difficulties when Anna arrived! And the best part- she loves my book! It was like she couldn't believe I wrote it. Now I'm happy!
       So other than the Celtics being put out of the play offs and the Bruins losing last night, I survived my week. The Red Sox are winning against the Yankees! It's about the only team they're beating, though.
       Yesterday afternoon I did send off my manuscript to Crescent Moon. Say a prayer. I'm praying they love it! Maybe doing a little more on my blog with other authors. I may even have guest bloggers. Just have to work it out a tad! Have to thank Mia Marlowe for spotlighting with me last week on Novel Works and look forward to this week with Annette Blair!
       Have a good one!

Comments

Popular Posts