Reading an Escape

Posted this discussion on my fan page. Trying to find time to blog, twitter, fan page and oh, yeah- write (although I'm really getting into Winds of Betrayal). This is one of my discussions on my fan page. I have the other following- first recommendation tomorrow. Can't wait!

I love to read. Reading takes me places I’ve never been, teaches me things I wouldn’t have known, and allows me freedom to…dream. Growing up in the rural South, I have no better memories than those long hot summer days with a book in hand. Authors I would read over and over again- Victoria Holt, Phyllis Whitney, Georgette Heyer, and Iris Bromige. The classics I couldn’t get enough of- Jane Eyre, Gone With the Wind, Pride and Prejudice, A Tale of Two Cities. The books that have haunted me long after I read them- To Kill a Mockingbird, Crime and Punishment, anything by Edgar Allen Poe. Books I’ll admit I didn’t read until I was older- Lord of the Rings trilogy, Uncle Tom’s Cabin. As time passes, my love of books continue with other favorite authors- Tom Clancy, John Jakes, Stephen King (his early books- The Shining), Mary Higgins Clark, Charlaine Harris, John Grisham…it doesn’t end. My goal and intent with Novel Works is to give suggestions on books I myself would read, enjoy, and for a few hours escape to a different world. These are my recommendations. I don’t give reviews. If I recommend a book or a series, it is the highest I go.

Comments

Popular Posts