Let's Talk!

Where did the time go?
I have been unbelievably busy promoting my books the last couple of months. Between Whispers of a Legend, The Judas Kiss and Daughter of Deceit, I haven't had time to breathe. So that's what I want to do this morning...talk. Pour a cup of coffee and just talk.

It seems ages since I talked about my doggies. I still miss my companion, Max, who passed just before Christmas, but the other two, Colbie and Dexter, don't let me dwell on it too long. Can't not with what fric and frac. There's never a dull moment with the two of them. Last week, I was sick with a cold that set off my asthma. Making breakfast one morning, I went down into the kitchen to make some oatmeal. Got my packet out because I like my brown sugar flavored oatmeal and went back to my computer to wait for my water to boil. I hadn't even got online before Dexter trotted into the room and plopped down by my feet...with a packet in his mouth. Rushing back into the kitchen, Colbie had her packet in the floor eating it. They had grabbed down the box and took one packet a piece. No more...no less. Just their part. I'm certain it was Colbie. Colbie thinks she's human. She's been like that since she was a tiny puppy. She watches and waits for her turn. And Dexter follows her. Both are big dogs around sixty pounds, but Dexter thinks he's a lap dog. He has to be around you, the closer the better. He's a big teddy bear. Colbie takes care of Dexter, but she takes care of everyone. I like that. I never thought I would have two large dogs in my house. I was used to my smaller dogs, my Boston Terriers. Now I don't know what I would do without them.
They're so small for such a short time!

The doggies have been great this winter. They have been out more than last winter. They have the best game. I'll have to film it. But Colbie, the Austrian Shepard, waits about 20 feet from who ever is throwing the Frisbee. The Frisbee's thrown; she catches it; then Dexter, the Lab, rushes up and grabs the Frisbee from Colbie and returns the Frisbee to be thrown again. Colbie goes back to her place to catch it again. It's the funniest thing.

Speaking of winter, I don't know about you, but this is the warmest winter I've had in the twenty-seven years I've lived up here. Last winter we were blasted with one blizzard after another. This year...I know I shouldn't say anything it's not over yet. But it does remind me of my Southern winters and I'm not complaining.

My middle daughter is coming home from college this week. Her hockey team just won their tournament, St. Anselm's beat Holy Cross. Tracy still isn't back to full strength, but she's working hard to get back to form. Her sister is waiting to hear back from colleges. No pressure now, though. The one top on her list, ODU, she got in. She's just waiting to see where else. Although I have to confess, I got caught up in all my work I forgot to fill out her FASA form! Late for ODU, but no where else...but its her first choice. Did it yesterday...wonder how much of sticklers they are for deadlines...do I even have to guess. Not that she would even get that much, but every little bit helps.

Got to get my son to get down to get his passport. We are planning a family vacation this summer to celebrate hubbie's and mine anniversary. 25 years! July 4th! My husband always kids that he was the only one to lose his independence on Independence Day! (LOL) Where has the time gone? Wouldn't change a thing. The good..the bad..the richer...the poorer (kids in college)...through it all wouldn't know what I would do without out him. I've always prided myself about being a strong woman, but I've come to the realization in most things I am with him by myside.

The Oscars were last night. Can I ask a question- where was I when The Artist came out? How can a movie win that I haven't even seen a comerical for? Okay, I admit it. I'm counting down to The Hunger Games. Can't wait to see how it compares to the book. Great book. I have to say I have my reservations about the movie, but the trailers look amazing. And I have to say I have listened over and over again to Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars song for Hunger Games. So now I have my expectations up.

Guess I better slow down. I'm taking a couple of days off from writing. Vision of Destiny and Daughter of Deceit are at the editors. Have to decide whether or not to take back my rights to Dream Walker. Well, the sun's out and shining bright. Really need to get hold of my house and give it a good clean. Talk with you later!

Comments

Popular Posts