Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays. I have to admit I had a wonderful time. All the kids were home, I didn’t burn anything, and the tree stayed up although Dexter decided the ornaments needed to come immediately after Christmas. The little sneak would climb up on the table and reach higher and higher to the point where I ended up taking off all the ornaments. I was off all week and enjoyed it especially not having to drive in our first blizzard of the winter. Bob and I had our nephews out for New Years. Adorable. I miss my kids being that age. I even cooked while I was off. Bob usually cooks, but since I took it easy last week I found I had time.

Getting organized for the New Year. Going to be a good one! (I hope.) I’m doing things a little different this year, being a little more aggressive in my submissions. I don’t mean aggressive to the publishers, but being more active putting my books out there for the publishers. Hope that makes sense. I’ve been hanging on to a couple of the books, but now I feel like making a push. I have three books out with three different publishers. Keeping my fingers crossed. Excited about a couple. One of the publishers gave me a great idea on the possibility of gaining fans and selling more books so I’m hoping that one will be a go. I hope so. It was nice to have someone give me some feedback on what might sell better. I’m also in the midst of revising a couple of books. Obviously the sequel to Patriot Secrets which looks as though I’m going to be cutting it into two. Then I’m also trying my hand at a fantasy. Revising a book I began a long time ago.

I’m going to be optimistic about getting a review for Patriot Secrets. I have a couple of theories on why I haven’t gotten one, but in the end I’m still left without a review. I have been told by three different places now to expect one soon. Kinda holding my breath on that one. I guess I could go back to the responses from readers. I have deeply appreciated the feedback I’ve gotten from people that have read Patriot Secrets. Relieves my frustration on not having an official review.

Then I won the Rose competition! Yea! Excited about joining up with the other authors of the Rose of Prose blog. Love being thought of as a Rose. Thanks to everyone for voting! Appreciate the last minute surge! I can’t wait to introduce everyone to the blog and see what they have in store for me!

Novel Works I have kinda put on the back burner, but I’m going to pick it back up full swing in a couple of weeks. I’m going to look back over last year this coming week. Need to remind other authors that I post new releases for free. I’ve been concentrating on my writing.

But I feel good about this coming year. Hope the new year holds only good things for everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts