SPRING FEVER!

      I have a case of spring fever. The snow is gone! It's been a while since I blogged here! So much going on. First have to a congratulate a couple of people. Ruby Wright is the $25 gift certificate winner of my contest! And congratulations to Joan Bowden and Jeff Fogel my weekly winners of an ebook! I didn't even announce the winner last week! Shame on me!
      Oh, the reasons why! My husband went down to Spring Training to watch the Red Sox's with his father and brothers. Had a great time, but then I was left with everything at home. And I had to plan a 50th birthday party for him. Should have been a surprise. I had this wonderful idea of having everyone shout out "Surprise you're 50!" Like he didn't know it. Wouldn't that be just the best surprise! Walking around happy as can be than walk into a room and be told you're 50! I know...I know I have a strange sense of humor. Can you tell what I think about turning 50?

      The party went awesome. Of course he knew. He always figures things out especially when I had to ask him for numbers of people. Well, I had no choice. I'm not a party person. I'm definitely not a party planner nor do I have the first inclination of how to plan a party. All his friends and coworkers- I didn't have their numbers. My son finally told me to just ask him for the numbers. "Ask. Say don't ask why. I just need some numbers. Or, Mom, we are going to be sitting around looking at each other all night!" Bob loves parties and the more people the better. So he loved it even if he knew about it! Honestly, I can't keep a secret. Bob knows that better than anyone.

       The other reason I'm been busier. I started volunteering. Down at the New England Wildlife Center. My daughter wanted to do it with a friend. Which was great, except one lady told me that I had to volunteer with her until she turned 18. Her friend also volunteered. Went to orientation and discovered that I didnt' have to if Becca was 17 except her friend is 16. So I'm volunteering for her friend to be able to volunteer until next week when she turns 17. Although unless my daughter forbids it, I don't mind. I like it. It's the neatest place. It's the only wildlife hospital in Massachusetts. We don't get to interact with the hospital. The girls might later. Its the reason Becca's volunteering here. They have an internship program that you can apply for after 40 hours of volunteer work. At the moment we are cleaning, washing towels, sweeping, moppings, dusting, etc... Except Becca has been able to take the Llama and goat in at night. Chester and Penelope.

       Then my own doggies! They are getting so big and cute! They're are behaving better with the better weather. They are able to get out more and run around. Did I tell you I found out what was happening to my plants? Colbie was jumping up in my bay window attacking the plants from one end and Dexter from the other! I now have no plants in my house. None! I can't imagine what they are going to do to my flower beds. I have a plan, but Colbie leaps so high and is so agile I can see her jumping over the little flower fence I'm going to put up. It is going to be a challenge!
      I almost forgot to mention at my husband's party we started at 2 in the afternoon having his family down with all the kids. Love those kids! They were out back running around with the dogs when I looked out. We have a little plaque to remember Bailey (who died last summer). They were taking the toys around the yard and placing them around the plaque. It was adorable and touching. How do young children know to honor a love one in that manner?

     Then the reason I'm here. My writing. I'm having the hardest time on my new book I started. It wasn't flowing. I said to myself I can write a simple romance. I can't. Truly, I can't. Things start popping in my head, complications to the story that need to be answered. Have to be answered. So here I go again. It will be another historical romance/suspense, but I do love the name- Seductive Secrets. Sounds great, doesn't it?  Heard back on another one of my submissions. Another Night Falls. They want me to revise and send back. Not bad. I see what they mean. I absolutely love the storyline in this one. It's just at the moment I can't go bad and revise when I'm in the middle of trying to figure out Seductive Secrets.
      Excited about the NEC convention in April. Can't wait. Had such a great time last year. Hope I'm not disappointed. You know how it is. You have a wonderful time one year and the next the newness wears off...oh, I don't think so. I love meeting other authors. They're doing the pitch different this year. We're sending in the first 10 pages of our submission. I had requested the three publishers. I had a book for each. Seductive Secrets was suppose to be one if I got to pitch to Harlequin. I'm not under pressure now to complete it since I didn't get any of them. I kinda got lost. When I registered I was supposed to have gotten my appointment with the agent/publisher at that time. I didn't get anything. Then the other day I was looking over the site and saw where others were talking about their appointments. I emailed and I was supposed to have gotten it over a month ago. But they added another publisher, Crescent Moon Press. As it turns out, I have a book for her too. My fantasy. The first book in a trilogy Whispers of a Legend. This one is Shadows of the Past. Is it a sign? I'll let you know.

      After I get caught up with my historicals (Another Night Falls revisions and perhaps going finishing up the sequel to Patriot Secrets). OMG! I almost forgot my rant on review sites. Get this- I recieved back a review from a book blogger from New Zealand last week on Patriot Secrets. She gave me a 3! A 3!!!! In the snipet of a review she kept calling it a Regency. Every other word was Regency and had nothing to do with Patriot Secrets. Now I ask you how in the world she is calling my book a Regency? A light hearted romance. Patriot Secrets is set during the American Revolution and it is definitely not light hearted. (I think a great stroy, but not light hearted.) One of my friends laughed after reading it. Said either she didn't read the book, knows nothing about history, or she got Patriot Secrets mixed up with another book. I got a better review from the erotical site! On my next book, I have learned my lesson not to send blindly to review sites. Or maybe I should just stick with reader reviews.
      We'll see how things go. So much to do. So little time.
                

Comments

Popular Posts