Sticking with my Name!

Boy! Am I not with it today. I just posted an empty blog!!! I haven't written in a while. So much has happened.

First- I'm dropping my pen name. It hurts because I always wanted to have a pen name. Had it all picked out and everything, but all the work I've done on promoting -I've used my real name. So I decided to take away my pen name (for now) and just go with Jerri. Boy, I do wish I could have used my pen name. The concept is great. To hide behind a name and you're really someone else. But its not meant to be for me- just plain ole Jerri Hines. But I betca' you don't know what my friends and family call me- Jaye (my nickname from my sister. I added the e at the end when I got older.)

Names are so important. Don't you think? I never liked my name. Oh, don't tell my Momma. I was named after my dad-Gerald ( his nickname was Jerry), but then when my brother came along he was named after my dad. So what was the point? I mean they could have at least given me a girl's middle name, but I got my mother's maiden name. A totally Southern thing- I know and love the idea-but I always wanted a girl's name. So the pen name was my chance and I even blew it. Oh, I'll get over it...one day...I suppose.

Lost my sick little doggie. It was so sad. The whole family took it badly. Miss her. She was always so active and loving. My other doggie is sad too. He's never been alone. He's thirteen and he had our lab, Buddy, when we got him. Before Buddy passed ( a long and happy life) we got Bailey. Poor Max doesn't know what to do. We take him everywhere with us now and try not to leave him alone.

Whisperings got rejected by the agent-not that I didn't know that was going to happen. It's way too long. I have to go back and revise the book. The agency made some good points and I appreciate their input. And an agent requested my whole work-that's a step forward!

Finally doing edits on Patriot Secrets. My poor editor(Love her.The patience of Job for sure)- I'm getting headaches. It's a long book, too. Not as long as Whisperings of a Southern Heart. I wrote it so long ago I have to think at times why I did something. Oh my poor brain. It must not be used to thinking. But I'm getting excited about the book again. I really do feel like its a great book. Hope so. I'm trying to do everything I can to make sure its a success. What do they say pouring your heart and soul into a project. I sent in for my cover. I can't wait to see what it looks like!

The summer weather has been great. Only thing is that the summer is flying by. My hubby's parents go down to the Cape for a couple of weeks every year. We're not that far away. So we go down quite a bit during their stay or I should say my husband does. I turn around and he's gone. I think he relives his childhood a tad. It's what they did when he was small.

I have really gone off on a tangent here. I hope someone can make heads or tails off this blog today. I've gone from one subject to another. Oh, well, I've started another book Broken Legacy. My thought was to do a nice quick romance. I discovered I can't do that nice quick romance thing!

Comments

Popular Posts