The Purpose of History- A Look At Southern Legacy


 Southern Legacy is a romance that will sweep you back into the past...to feel the consequences of the conflict that tore brothers apart, the heartbreak the war caused, and the struggle to survive the aftermath.

Today is my birthday. I'm sitting here writing The Curse which will be released in January. The Curse is a high fantasy full of sword and sorcery, adventure, and magic. But today I wanted to go back to the book closest to my heart—Southern Legacy.

For any that love historicals and haven't read the series, I have only one thing to say—do. 

There are many reasons I wrote this story. I have blogged about them before and won't go through them. But I believe that history is important. I was always taught to study history so the mistakes of the past won't be repeated.

Yet, it struck me today after reading the news that history repeats itself no matter what. There are always those leaders that will lead their people down the wrong path in the belief it's for the best. 

Southern Legacy doesn't hold the answer on how to undo the cycle. My attempt in writing this book was to write it as close to history as possible and give credence to each side. 

For the last few years, I have found it difficult to promote this series. I believe no one wants to promote racism which they wrongly believe the book is based. Read the reviews.

Taking one Amazon review from September off of The Sun Rises:

 This book is full of details as to what war was like, life displaced by it, and the forever love that binds family regardless of color or circumstances.

This book isn't about racism. It does not glorify slavery. 

It is a book that will stay with you long after you finish.

I will leave you with another Amazon review:

I wept at the end of the book for more than one reason. I was ready for the end of the series but I still want more. I loved this book the most because it pointed out the failure of resolution. It also pointed out that the north held their own prejudices. The most meaningful quote for me was when Jo reflected, "...life is not about making an impact on the world as we know it, but on the lives of those you love. I wonder what impact I have made..." This series is definitely the best I have ever read regarding the War Between the States. It was gripping, romantic, suspenseful and historical. A story well-woven. START with book one. You must! It will be worth it.

Belle of Charleston is free to start the series of four books.

AMAZON          IBOOKS        NOOK         KOBO



Comments

Popular Posts