#ThisIsBeginningToLookLikeADeadEnd #THEFALCONANDTHEWINTERSOLDIER

 WARNING SPOLIERS FROM EPISODE 4 OF THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER


CONFESSIONS FROM A 60 YEAR-OLD GRANDMOTHER

I watch Disney Marvel moives. I started watching them with my grandson when Disney + was released. I liked them. They aren't as dark as Batman and Superman. I absolutely love Guardians of the Galaxy. When Disney released Wanda Vision, I found it to be smart and fresh. Every week, I found myself looking forward to Friday. It wasn't just because it was almost the weekend, but Disney released Wanda Vision.

I anticipated that The Falcon and The Winter Soldier would be the same. For me, it hasn't been close. I have to make myself watch it. Before the series, I loved Sam (The Falcon)...probably still do...if they write him a better storyline. I thought this was supposed to be his story. All I see is him following everyone else around—Shouldn't he be leading? For that matter, Bucky is just as bad.

Each week, I have been waiting for the storyline to explode. It is episode 4 — its just not pulling me in.

Reasons: 

1) I'm not drawn into the storyline.

2) Bucky just appeared with Sam in the second episode without an explanation. The first episode showed their lives which didn't seem to have anything to do with each other and then Bucky stops Sam before he takes off in a plane...without an explanation how Bucky knew where Sam was.

3) I'm confused on who exactly is the villian...villians.

4) If prisons were that easy to break out of like Baron Zemo (epsiode 2), there would be no more prisoners...and why would he want to help Bucky and Sam...and why would Bucky and Sam want him. I'm just not buying he's a means to an end. Maybe if they worked a little harder on intel, they wouldn't have helped a villian out of prison.

5) Sam is just standing around saying they shouldn't do something they eventually do. At the begininng of this last episode, he says, "This is beginning to look like a dead end." I found myself agreeing with him about the whole series.

6) Trying to make out that the bad guy (Karli Morgenthau) isn't that bad. They lost that moment when they had her blowing up defenseless men. I didn't like that at all. I have no sympathy for her. 

7) The new Captain America... I don't like him, but I think we're not suppose to. So on this one, I would say isn't a reason to dislike the series, but how does he even attempt to fight super soldiers in the 2nd episode and have more luck than Sam and Bucky?

8) Having Captain America kill a bad guy in front of everyone like he did (slamming his shield into the guy's head) was awful. I won't let my grandson watch it. I know they wanted to show he went off the deep end...but that was bad. It also doesn't do much for making Sam Captain America later. Sam was there...and did absolutely nothing to stop it or even tried to tell Captain America he had gone crazy. Again, he just stood there staring.

9) I'm really confused about Sharon. Enough said.

The only bright spot so far for me is Ayo of the Dora Milaje.

To me, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier has been a major disappointment.

But Loki series looks amazing. I saw the trailer. Thumbs up...but I saw the trailer for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, and I thought that looked good. So who knows.

Have a great day. Take care and Stay Safe.



Comments

Popular Posts