Sexy Sixty- Oh, Boy, I Hit the Big 6-0!



Big Birthday. Small Celebration. My kids came by for a couple of hours while we tried to maintain social distancing with doors open and being outside. No hugs or kisses, but honestly, it was perfect.

My husband, God love him, is one for grand gestures. He would have thrown me a big party if he could have. I, on the other hand, am happy with staying in the background. I have never been one to try to throw attention on myself. A small simple birthday to mark another decade is just fine with me because I got to see my kids and grandchildren.

The reason I say this is because I have a new book coming out on November 24. Usually, I rely on my previous books to help sale my new one, but this book is totally outside my normal genre. There is no murder to solve or romance to kindle. This is a coming of age book. This book was inspired by my father.

The Measure of a Man is something that has always been in the back of my mind. With the turning of the clock, I realized that if I didn't do it now, it might not ever be written. No one knows what will happen tomorrow. I think we all realize how precious time can be especially with the on-going pandemic. The world has changed. 

When I was young, I had no secret desire to move from my home. Matter of fact, I thought it was where I would live out my life. It didn't happen that way. I fell in love with my husband and moved to New England, but there is a line in the book that fits how I feel about Northeast Mississippi. 

Even though I haven’t lived here for decades, this is home, where I was born and raised. I left, but it never left me. 

The Measure of a Man was written to remember what it takes to become a better person. One of the things Dad taught me was to give back. I sincerely hope that this book gives back to the community where I was raised. I want the book to reflect the spirit of Prentiss County.

In keeping with this spirit, the first week’s proceeds will be donated to the Light House Foundation in Corinth, Mississippi. The Light House Foundation is a Christian organization that gives back to its community. To learn more about this organization, you can go to its website at http://ow.ly/vPex50BUhJx

Know that your pre-order proceed will be given to a good cause besides you'll have a great book to read. 😃❤️





Pre-order— Coming November 24th!


 

Comments

Popular Posts