Thank You ~ Just Thank You for Being Kind.


Kindness matters.

When I became a published author, I found that being an author is hard. You spend months writing a book from conception to the final word, pouring your heart and soul into the pages. Though, I discovered, that wasn’t the hardest part.

Being an Indie author means I’m responsible for not only writing, but everything that goes along with publishing. One part of that was building a street team.

Beta Readers and Street Teams for an author are extremely important. Having someone read your book and give you their opinions and suggestions is invaluable. The importance cannot be minimized.

It’s hard to get good Beta Readers and members on a Street Team. Time is of the essence when you are trying to get your book perfect for publishing. Like all of us, life can interfere with the Beta Readers and Street Team members.

I don’t judge, because I know it is time consuming. I know because it took me almost two and a half years to write a new original work (Scream for the Camera). The Three Realms series is a rewrite of an older fantasy series. Life gets in the way of good intentions.

That’s why I’m so appreciative when someone takes the time to beta read one of my books. I’m so grateful for their kindness.

I have been fortunate. I have a few on my Street Team that respond to me instantly. Anything I have asked, they have done. I have relied heavily on their opinions.

One was Heather Johnson.

Sadly, I have been informed that Heather has passed away.

The news broke my heart.

Heather was an amazing person with a tender heart. An avid reader, she read 200-300 books a year. She will be missed.

Her kindness won’t be forgotten.


Comments

Popular Posts