Happy 4th of July! Happy Birthday America!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

The more I write historicals, the more I realize how lucky I am to live in this great country. I don't deny that we have grown through growing pains lately, but that's what is so wonderful about the USA. As a country, our forefathers allowed for change with our Constitution. We need to remember our history, the good and bad. We never need to forget the sacrifices that came before us. 

I have written of our past with Winds of Betrayal series (American Revolution), Southern Legacy (Civil War) and now WWII with The Waking Bell. But The Waking Bell is more Romantic Suspense...a mystery. During my research, though, another story emerged, one that is set right in the middle of WWII. I'm excited about my coming up new release with Jackie Weger, and you can expect another WWII novel from me soon. 

I have been writing now for twenty years and twenty-one books...twenty-two with The Waking Bell. I do have other interest. I have started a small orchard of apple and peach trees in Mississippi. The farm is called Mamaw's Magnolia's Way. Its on the land that my mother left me. My brother, Greg, and started it a few years ago. This is the first year for the apples to come in. So it will probably be next year when we have enough to sell. We are in the process of building a barndominium, a red one at that. I'm also trying to start growing lavender. It grows wonderfully up here in Massachusetts, not so much in Mississippi. The land is red clay mostly. That's not great for lavender. It prefers much more sandy soil. That means a lot of soil prep. 

I have even started making lavender candles. I love them.


MS Peaches


Peach Orchard


MS Apples


Massachusetts Lavender


First Lavender in Mississippi


Lavender Candles


From Massachusetts to Mississippi, I wish you all a Happy 4th! Have fun and be safe!



 

Comments

  1. You're so busy! I would love to take time to grow fruits and vegetables, but I don't have much of a green thumb. I do well to keep one potted flowering plant alive. :)

    As for reading, I can't wait for the published copy of "The Waking Bell!" Two authors I love coming together...what could be better?

    Happy Independence Day, Jerri!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts